ABC 077 — Alexander Finn's House at Turbat-e Shaikh Jam
This photograph was taken on the route to Mashhad by J.E.T. Aitchison or by T.S. Weir.
[List:] 77. Finn’s house at Turbat-i-Sheikh-Jám.
- Owen, Charles (1884-86): Transcript of diary and letters, pp. 305-306: “3 Oct  Saturday. Marched at 6 am for Turbat. […] Encamped in a nice garden. Had lovely fruit. […] Peaches, plums, grapes. […]”
- Aitchison, J.E.T. (1887): The Botany of the Afghan Delimitation Commission, Map 2: A map to show the route traversed by the Naturalist of the Afghan Delimitation Commission; pp. 24-25: short description of his two journeys into Iranian Khorasan.
- Central Asia. No.2 (1885): Further Correspondence Respecting Central Asia, p. 113, 127, 149: Consul Finn reports as consul from Turbat-i-Sheikh-Jam about news from Herat and its neighbourhood.
- Yate, A.C. (1887): Travels with the Afghan Boundary Commission, p. 360: Mr. Finn is mentioned.
- Adamec, L.W. (1981): Meshed and northeastern Iran, p. 657: Turbat-i-Shaikh Jam (2).
Afghan Boundary Commission 1884-86
ABC 2, Photographs 058 to 116
Turbat-e Shaikh Jam, June to July, 1885
Latitude / Longitude35.243190 / 60.625440
Google Earth35°18ʹ N / 60°40ʹ E
Survey of India MapSheet 29, Herat (1916): Turbat-i-Shaikh Jam, H 65